Moving is difficult enough as it is. You’ve got boxes stacked to the ceiling, and packing bubbles cover nearly every surface. To make your home or apartment move-in-ready for the next tenant, you need move-out cleaning services.
A professional cleaning service will scour the place from top to bottom, making it look as clean as the day you moved in so you can get that security deposit back.
Professional Home Cleaning will ensure your home is sparkling clean and the best it can be! Keep reading to learn more about available options when you choose this cleaning service.
What Move-Out Cleaning Services Should You Consider for Your Home?
Cleaning service providers can tackle whole-house cleaning before your move-out date for your home, apartment, or condo. Here’s a selection of services to explore.
Cleaning your carpet thoroughly requires hard work and the right cleaning supplies. Hiring a professional cleaner for the job will ensure your carpet is steamed, pressed, and as soft and colorful as it was when you moved in.
Filthy grout can make any room look shabby, such as the kitchen or the bathroom. You might have tried scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush but couldn’t do a thorough cleaning job with that tool.
Move-out cleaning services will be the difference-maker. Your grout will be clean and white, with no square inch left dirty.
Hardwood Floor Polishing
Hardwood floors drive up your home’s curb appeal, but if yours is smudged or grimy, the new tenants will be less than impressed when they move in. Professional hardwood polishing is service with a smile. The floor will be so clean you could eat off it.
You can also rely on cleaning services to make your kitchen shine and sparkle. This is one of the most attractive rooms in any dwelling, but food stains and messes can mar its appearance. Professional move-out house cleaning services will use the right cleaning products for surfaces like counters, stoves, and microwaves.
Restoring the grout isn’t the only clean sweep your bathroom needs. It can also benefit from a more thorough treatment to remove soap scum and grime. You’ll feel ready for the final walk-through, as your square footage will be its cleanest.
Before handing over the keys to the property owner, consider a bedroom cleaning. A deep clean service will remove dust from ceiling fans and polish door frames. You can even count on junk removal so your bedroom is ready for its next new tenant.
Laundry Room Services
Home services extend to the laundry area. Professionals will take care of the dirty work, sweeping up the lint that seems to get everywhere, removing leftover detergent bottles, and cleaning the floor where your appliances are if you take them with you.
You can count on professional cleaning services for the entire home, including the garage. After all, it’s no fun to move into a new house to discover the garage is in shambles. Move-out services will remove items you no longer use and prepare the garage to impress prospective tenants.
Light Fixture Cleaning
Dusty light fixtures are unappealing and a potential fire hazard. You can’t take the risk when you’re poised to move out. Seek professional house-cleaning services so those lighting fixtures shine bright.
How Much Does Professional Move-Out Cleaning Cost?
Before you hire a move-out cleaner, you need to know more about the pricing for this service.
According to Angi, the average move-out cleaning cost is $360. Prices can be as low as $110 and up to $650.
Here are some factors that influence what you’ll spend for professional move-out cleaning:
- Type of Cleaning: Basic move-out cleaning, referred to as standard cleaning, is priced between $75 and $175. Surfaces will receive disinfection, dusting, vacuuming, and sweeping. Deeper cleanings cost $200 to $400 and are recommended before you move out or for move-in cleaning.
- Where You Live: Cleaning company costs vary nationally and internationally. If you live in a notoriously expensive part of North America, you can expect higher cleaning costs than someone who lives in a lower-cost area.
- Type of Dwelling: Do you live in a home or condo? Perhaps you have a studio apartment. Homes generally cost more to clean than apartments, but it depends on the next factor.
- Dwelling Size: Cleaning a studio apartment starts at $90 to $130, says Angi, versus $100 to $190 for a single-bedroom, single-bathroom dwelling. A two-bed, two-bath apartment costs up to $210 to clean. Here’s a breakdown of cleaning costs by square feet:
- 1,000 to 1,500 square feet – $120 to $260
- 1,500 to 2,000 square feet – $180 to $300
- 2,000 to 2,500 square feet – $240 to $340
- 2,500 to 3,000 square feet – $300 to $380
- 3,000 to 3,500 square feet – $360 to $420
- Labor: The better the condition of your home, apartment, or condo, the fewer cleaners are required and the less effort. Compare that to a home in worse condition, which should be more expensive to clean, even if it’s not necessarily large.
- Additional Services: Even though it may be deemed an easy task, requesting additional services drives up the cost of regular cleaning.
The above prices are only estimates. You should always seek a quote from a professional in the cleaning industry before proceeding.
Get Ready: Your Move-Out Cleaning Checklist
You don’t want to miss a square inch of your home when cleaning, especially if it can be the difference between receiving your security deposit back. Here’s a move-out cleaning checklist to guide you.
Bedrooms and Living Room
- Mop hard floors
- Vacuum rugs and carpets
- Clean interior and exterior of closets
- Dust the return and intake vents
- Clean the baseboards
- Wipe the door frames, doorknobs, and light switches
- Clean the windows, including the tracks and sills
- Dust the blinds and curtains
- Sweep the floor
- Clean around the fridge
- Empty the trash
- Clean the appliances, including the insides
- Wipe down the fixtures and sinks
- Clean the backsplash and counters
- Mop the floor
- Sweep the carpeting or area rugs
- Wipe the baseboards
- Empty the trash
- Clean the shelves and counters
- Wipe the mirrors
- Clean the grout
- Scour the bathtubs and showers
Move-out cleaning can save money and time compared to tackling the job yourself. Professional Home Cleaning will banish dust, grime, and bacteria back to whence they came, making high-traffic areas of your home appealing to new residents.
Whether you’re moving and want a clean home before you go or you wish to make a great start with your new home, we’ll make cleaning time quick and efficient. So contact us now and get a free quote.